Monday, January 20, 2014

Corruption: Cases registered against 3 policemen

The cases were registered following a complaint filed by Sabir Ali, a resident of Mohalla Fatehabad.
FAISALABAD: 
The Anti-Corruption Establishment (ACE) has registered cases against three policemen including an investigation officer (IO) for taking a bribe.
The cases were registered following a complaint filed by Sabir Ali, a resident of Mohalla Fatehabad. Ali said Mansoorabad Sub-Inspector Ibrahim and Constables Zulqarnain and Qasim Zia had arrested him three weeks ago from his office. “They [policemen] beat me up and took me to a police station where they detained me for 18 days,” he said. Ali alleged that when he asked them about his crime they told him he had been arrested in a murder case. “They demanded that I pay Rs500,000 for my release.”
 photo SabirAli_zps280bddfb.jpg
The complainant said that he was innocent and the policemen had arrested him without any justification.
“I arranged Rs500,000 by selling my daughter’s dowry items and handed over the money to them… they released me,” he added.
An ACE spokesman told the media on Sunday that “during a preliminary investigation, the complainant’s allegations against the police officials have been proved.”
He said ACE Deputy Director Rai Wajid was investigating the matter.
Published in The Express Tribune, January 20th, 2014. 

No comments:

Post a Comment